YETI tumblers can be easily washed in a dishwasher, just remember to disassemble the pieces apart before starting the cleaning process.
Yeti cups and tumblers are all dishwasher safe. They don’t even need to be taken apart before putting them in.
Whether it was a gift or you bought it yourself, you might be wondering how do I clean a YETI tumbler? YETI tumblers are made with stainless steel so they can be put in the hot dishwasher without a problem.
Are YETI Tumblers Dishwasher Safe?
YETI tumblers can be washed in a dishwasher, or by hand with soap and water.
Thanks to their sturdy stainless steel interior, these portable cups can handle almost very high temperatures.
Whether you prefer to toss them in the dishwasher, or wash them gently by hand, there are some important tips to keep in mind.
Washing by Hand
- Remember to soak your YETI lid in hot, soapy water for two hours before thoroughly washing. Soaking ensures that any grime hiding in the nooks and crannies can easily be washed away.
- Bacteria can cling to any liquid stuck to the lid, proper cleaning is important for hygiene and sanitization. This YouTube tutorial shows a step by step process of YETI tumbler lid cleaning.
- Be sure to thoroughly dry each piece before reassembling, otherwise bacteria or mold can breed.
Washing in a Dishwasher
- Don’t forget to disassemble all pieces before washing. YETI tumblers, travel mugs and wine cups all have multiple mouth pieces that need to be removed for proper cleaning.
- If you see any caked on grime or liquids be sure to scrub them off before putting in the dishwasher.
Good news, there are many accessories that will significantly speed up the process of cleaning your YETI tumbler, and most of them cost less than ten dollars.
The perfect way to deep clean your drinkware with very little effort. These cleaning products are made of clean ingredients, and are all fragrance and chlorine free. Simply pop a tablet into your Tumbler and let it sit for thirty minutes.
Cleaning tablets not only remove tough stains and grime, but will deeply clean and odors as well. These Simple Modern cleaning tablets do a great job with tough stains.
A bottle brush will make cleaning your YETI products a breeze. Complete with a grip handle, twelve inch body, and a 360 degree bristle head the OXO Good Grips brush will clean anything easily.
Be sure to finish a brush that is strong enough to remove stains and dirt, but gentle enough that it won’t scratch your drinkware.
Is a YETI Cooler Dishwasher Safe?
Soft YETI coolers should be washed with soap and warm water. For larger YETI coolers simply hose off and wipe clean. If you have mud stains or dirt stuck in the scratches, check out my full guide to cleaning your YETI cooler here.
The easiest way to clean your YETI tumbler might just be to ensure it doesn’t get too dirty. If you often drink from your tumbler while driving you’ll know it only takes a few bumps in the road to spill your drink everywhere. These Ozark reusable straws are stainless steel and make drinking while on the go easier than ever.
Stainless steel straws can be thrown in the dishwasher for fast cleaning, however these Hiware straw cleaners are another way to clean your straws by hand. Their narrow brush and flexible body will clean any straw in seconds.
Are YETI Dog Bowls Safe to Put in a Dishwasher?
YETI dog bowls are safe to put in a dishwasher. They are made from the same stainless steel material as the ramblers and can withstand high temperatures and pressure.
How to Get Stains Out of a YETI Tumbler
These are the best ways to clean stains from your YETI tumbler:
Keeping Your YETI Tumbler Clean
YETI tumblers are all dishwasher safe, this also includes their travel mugs, jugs and stackable cups.
To get rid of deep stains or odors use cleaning tablets and a small brush while cleaning.
Most importantly, remember to disassemble your YETI tumbler entirely before washing. This will ensure every area is properly cleaned and decreases the risk of mold or bacteria setting up camp.
Remember to thoroughly clean each individual piece of the tumbler:
- Magslider—the slide cap that covers the mouthpiece. These are magnetic, easy to remove and are safe for the dishwasher.
- Rubber Gasket—the circular rubber piece that suctions the lid on tightly. Pinch this with your fingers and pull outwards to remove before placing it in the dishwasher.
- Lid—After removing the magslider and gasket the clear lid will be left.
- Stainless Steel Body—If there aren’t any deep stains or odors then the body of the tumbler can directly be put in the dishwasher, or washed by hand.
The YETI Warranty
These high tech tumblers can be kept sparkling clean either by using a dishwasher or by hand. All of YETI’s products are made with high quality materials so the colors will stay vibrant for years.
Each tumbler comes with a five year warranty so it’s a fool-proof investment you can feel good about. Not only is it dishwasher safe but it also has a thick gauge stainless to make it resistant against dents.
Is a YETI Tumbler Worth It?
Unlike most thermoses that have to be washed by hand, YETI tumblers can all be washed in a dishwasher. This saves time and effort, which is why most consumers prefer to buy from YETI.
How Long Does a YETI Tumbler Keep Drinks Cold?
Thanks to the double wall vacuum insulation, these YETI tumblers can keep drinks cold for up to 24 hours. Most people report that even at the sunny beach their beverages stayed cold for up to 36 hours.
How Long Do YETI Tumblers Stay Hot?
YETI tumblers keep your beverages hot for up to four and a half hours. However, using the lid will keep your drink up to six degrees hotter than without the lid.